Monday, October 11, 2010

Sister's weekend 2010









































































































































10/8/10: So we had our annual Sister's weekend this weekend. This one was not the normal one we usually do due to some other events that took place the same weekend. But we made the best of it and squeezed in what we could and still had a great time.
We picked Mare and Deanna up at the airport then went to a sisters and mom only dinner at our favorite Tucano's restaurant. Yummy yummy!!!
Saturday we went to mom's house and I made everyone homemade Crepes with marion berries, peaches, and strawberries with fresh homemade whipped cream......yummy yummy again!!! I must say, they were DELISH!!!
Then we started on our fun crafts. This year we made Halloween and Christmas stuff. Well Mare had to be different and made a family sign...it was still totally cute!!! Kely made two super cute giant candy canes. The rest of us made Halloween things. They turned out super cute!!! They were all pretty time consuming but worth it.
We ordered pizza for dinner and had a great time hanging out and bickering and teasing and fighting a little bit, which is what the normal dysfunctional family does, right??? Then we all went on a little late night shopping trip to Target.....hee hee!!
The weekend was a little hectic and didn't go exactly as planned, but hey, that is what always happens. I guess the most important thing is that we spent the time together and enjoyed what we did do!!!
To my sister's, I love and cherish each of you more then you know. I may not always show it or say it but I do!!! I know sometimes our relationships are hard and challenged, but that is what helps us grow!!
I gave each one of them a little plaque that I found that says
" Sisters: Having a sister is like having a best friend around for your whole life"
Of course I got my mom one that was a little different, it said
"Mom, you have done such a great job, just look at how I turned out" (hahaha...so true)
So a little side note, our oldest sister Desi was not able to attend this year because of some health issues, but she was there in spirit and we thought of her often. Desi, there is always next year!!!
So my sister's until Next Year!!!!
Love you!!!
















2 comments:

D and C said...

LOVE YOU TOO KRISSY!!! This was an awesome weekend. I thought about how I wanted everything to go perfect and be perfectly planned, but something I learned this weekend is that sometimes the unplanned and imperfect helps things turn out even better. I love you guys so much and this weekend was awesome. The little plaque you got us was so awesome and special. Thank you so much for everything you did for this weekend, especially with how busy we know you are. I LOVE YOU!!!! Can't wait for next year.
D

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Good times for sure. Is it ever a bad time when we get together. I love hanging out with all of us. I miss that, it's hard not being there with you guys. I really do miss you! Thanks for a fabulous time & the fun & the laughs & the food & the girl time. But most of all thanks for us being sisters!