Saturday, January 16, 2010

Justin went to the Roller Rink for Cub Scouts












1/13/10: Justin had his second Cub Scout activity. We went to the Roller Rink. It was so much fun. Ah, the memories!!! None of the boys had roller skated before, so this was a great learning experience for him. And a great lesson in patience to say the least. They were all hugging the wall of course at first trying to figure out how the skates worked. It was quite entertaining for myself and the other mom that came. Of course her and I were having a blast and cruisin all over the rink. It was just like riding a bike. I had not been on roller skates in years to say the least. But what fun!!!! So Justin fell several times, but so was everyone else. But by the time we were ready to leave he had gotten much better.

We had pizza afterwards, those boys worked up an appetite. I guess falling down and picking yourself up over and over again makes you quite hungry. So I thought for sure that Justin hated it because he didn't quite get it but to my surprise he had fun and even asked to go back with just us. How fun. So of course, since I had so much fun, I am all for it.

Here is a little video clip of him skating ( or hugging the wall). It is kind of dark, and he happened to be wearing a black shirt that night. But you can still see him. You may have to squint.

1 comment:

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Wow they sur do some great activities for scouts. I am glad Justin's having fun with it. Way to Go Justin!!!